Skip To Content

Out-of-province Certificates

The Alberta Office of the Fire Commissioner (OFC) recognizes all IFSAC and Pro Board certificate(s) issued outside the province of Alberta. No letters of formal recognition will be provided by the OFC and the OFC cannot provide Alberta certificates for out-of-province IFSAC and Pro Board certificates.

Fire Safety Codes Officer

If you are interested in becoming a Fire Safety Codes Officer in Alberta and you have NFPA 1031 certification through an organization outside of the province, you will be required to take several courses through the Safety Codes Council of Alberta. Information on these courses is available on the Safety Codes Council of Alberta website under Safety Codes Officers/Training/Courses.

  • Date modified: 2016-05-17